Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week 9 - Sports Cupcakes

 
Week 9 presented a new challenge for me...bake and decorate 40 cupcakes for a friend to take to a birthday party.  A little stressful - but TONS OF FUN!  My friend Natalie asked me to bake some sports themed cupcakes for her nephew's 2nd birthday party and I simply couldn't refuse! She even offered to watch one of my kids so that I could devote more time to cupcake decorating...how could I go wrong??!!  I had a blast putting these together for her.  Of course there was a little anxiety over whether people were going to like them...but it turns out that they were a hit.  (Even tasted good too!!)


 The request was for some Baseballs...


 



And for some Soccer Balls...



And for some Basketballs...







Natalie told me that her nephew really liked footballs the best, so I made this just for him...






So...Any more requests??

2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job - I'm super impressed! Any little boy would love them. Please tell me that you found a little pentagon fondant
    cutter, and that you didn't cut those out yourself! If you hand cut them, it may be time for a cupcake decorating intervention :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Em...I made them myself. 14 pentagons and 70 triangles! Intervention may indeed be required!! :) And thanks for the compliments!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...