Wednesday, March 2, 2011

More from Week 8 - My Nephew's Birthday!


Well...I'm going to cheat a little and send you over to check out Two Cupcakes in my Kitchen because Emily already did a great job discussing our little baking get-together (disguised as a 2nd Birthday Party!) We had such great plans - some were successful and others we simply just didn't get around to.  All in all we had a lot of fun and enjoyed WAY TOO MANY cupcakes!  (We were even treated to some homemade ice cream - but I don't have any pictures of that!)

One of the things that we wanted to check out this past weekend was how to get the cupcake wrappers to look all pretty and fun once the cupcakes were baked.  I ran into this dilemma a few weeks ago when I baked my Valentine's Day cupcakes.  It seems that while the cupcakes are baking, the wrappers get all soaked up with cake and you can't see the pretty designs.  I had decided to just pop them into fresh wrappers so that they looked pretty.  This time around we doubled the cupcake wrappers and that seemed to do the trick.  I guess there's a professional answer out there somewhere - but in the meantime...we'll just keep trying!

*Cupcakes on the left have only one wrapper and look bleh.
*Cupcakes on the right look pretty with the double wrappers. Bingo!

Again - check out this link for more details on the fun Safari Cupcakes.  I actually did do some of the baking and decorating...it was fun messing up someone else's kitchen.  (Especially when that someone else has such a great husband who kept cleaning up after us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...