Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 12 - Pumpkin - Chocolate Chip Bars


I know - I know...It's been over a month since my last post and I was already very behind.  Not to worry - I've been keeping up with the baking side of things...it's the blogging side that's somewhat slacking. 

It's been a busy few months.  My husband returned from Afghanistan in one piece and then ended up breaking his hand the night before our little one's Baptism.  It's been all downhill ever since!  Alas, I am back.  Hopefully I will have a couple posts up in the next day or so. 

In the meantime...here's week 12's yummy creation.  Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars.  I stumbled on this recipe last year when we were living in the Netherlands. The first time I made them was for Thanksgiving 2009.  Matt was away in Norway (I think) leaving Aidan and me to spend Turkey Day alone.  I made these as a special treat and we polished off half a batch!  They have since found their way into my "go-to" pile of recipes when I need something quick and delicious. 

This particular batch I whipped up for my super cool new neighbor.  We were invited over for a play date and I thought that these would be a fun snack.

Note to self: In the future...gift the ENTIRE batch and LEAVE with host. I selfishly saved some for me and ate the remaining bars that night.  Sometimes I simply can't help myself!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...